About the water we drink

  • Text font
    • +
    • -
About the water we drink

Bottled water

Hundreds of billions of plastic bottles are used to bottle water per year. Such huge amounts of PET bottles are quickly turning into waste and only 16% are recycled. The rest of 84% are pollutant as they are so slowly decaying that the decay would take hundreds of years to complete.

Three liters of oil (petroleum) are used for production and merchandising of one liter of bottled water.

Researchers estimate that perpetuation of this kind of water marketing will turn into real disaster within the next decade.

Water drilled from a well

Three environment factors - water, air, soil - are affected by pollution. The stormwater washes the pollutants in the atmosphere, then reaches the soil where it can cause various waste settlements or various solid waste, chemical fertilisers, pesticides. Then, it infiltrates from the surface into the soil, polluting underground water sources.

The polluted underground water sources are more dangerous than the polluted surface sources as the effects are harder to remediate and longer. Using such an underground source without treating it is dangerous to both humans and animals.

Here are some examples of products that could contaminate underground waters:

  • pesticides: may cause liver, spleen or kidney diseases;
  • mercury: may damage the nervous system;
  • nitrates: nitrates are not toxic products, however, following reduction, they turn into nitrites, which get mixed with haemoglobin, thus causing an oxygen deficit, which is mostly hazardous for children within their first year of age;
  • microorganisms (bacteria and pathogen viruses): may cause pandemic hepatitis, dysentery, parasitic diseases, etc.

Cold tapwater

Water is permanently monitored from the river, through the treatment processes, to your tap.

It is environmental friendly, as it is not bottled in plastic bottles and is always fresh.

Important! Regardless the source, the drinking water must always be carefully checked!

  • Did you know that...
  • Fresh vegetables, fruit, egg-white, milk and fresh cheese are the foods richest in water (an average of 80%)? Low water foods are cereals (pasta, rice), flower (bread) and dehydrated vegetables.

LiveZilla Live Chat Software