These principles were presented in November 2000 at the 5th World Forum, where "Sustainable sewerage" was approached:
- Human dignity, quality of life and environmental security at household level should be at the heart of sewerage approaches;
- According to the principles of good governance, decisions must involve all stakeholders, especially the consumers and the service providers;
- Wastes should be considered a resource, whose management should be seen as a whole and be part of the process of integrated management of water resources, nutrient and waste flows;
- Sewage issues should begin with our own habits, in order to protect the environment and not to extend to the community. We must begin with family habits, continue with our neighbours' habits, with those of the whole neighbourhood, and finally district and city habits.
Today's environmental degradation affects the safety of tomorrow!
Apa Nova Bucharest is actively involved in citizen awareness campaigns concerning environmental issues. Join this initiative and be a responsible and concerned Bucharest citizen!
- Did you know that...
Water contains 80 to 100 mg/l calcium that can cover 15% to 20% of our daily need?
- Previous page: Practical advice